Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Dream

Last night I had a dream about nonno .. In my dream he was sitting on the sofa at my grandmas house. Everyone was there perhaps it was a holiday. Everyone acted as though all was normal.. but he was alone at the sofa. I was so happy in my dream to see him, I approached him with all my documents and newly found secrets the family had hide. He didn't say a word but looked at my papers and smiled.

I woke up.


I used to dream of him often right after he died in 1999.One has always stuck with me. When I was little my brother and I would take over the couches in their living room with blankets watching morning cartoons. He always would come over and tuck the blanket under our feet.

I had a dream one time when I was staying over at my grandmas.. I was curled up on the couch I would take over as a kid with the same blue blanket. I feel asleep but briefly as my nonno had come to visit in my sleep, he walked over to me on the couch and again as his ritual he proceeded to wrap the blanket under my feet.He only smiled and called me my nickname from him "sis".

I woke up with my feet wrapped under the blanket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes!! How Beautiful!! Its so amazing to me that I knew you during this time, but never knew this! Your NoNo visited you!

Love sarah