Thursday, February 21, 2008

cousin marianne email

""""That family tree is mind blowing. I had seen the picture of the castle before when I had done some research on Mattie but I could never find much information on it. I don't remember Grandma ever talking about it that I can recall. Maybe she did and I just did not remember. I know that since Grandpa's family did not treat her very well when she and Aunt Ernesta stayed behind while Grandpa came here, part of her payback to them so to speak was not talking of the Ainardis very much to her children. Pretty powerful considering the lack of communication back then other than letter writing. I remember my dad telling me a story about Grandpa. He said that one morning Grandpa said he had a dream that he had lost his shoe and that he was saying; "I lost my shoe, my mother died". Italians are quite superstitious for a Catholic country. My dad said that about a week later, Grandpa received a letter edged in black, which was how letter communicating a death was sent, saying that Grandpa's mother had died. That story has always stuck with me. As far as Aunt Maria's (Grandma and her neices and nephews called her "Madrina"), Annie will be your best bet. I only met Eda and Mary a few times. Aunt Till also is a wealth of information. She knows the nickname that Grandma called Grandpa, something like Nachu. She said that they also had a nickname for Maria's husband, too."""""""""

Castle that was owned by Ainardi family

castello 22,705

No comments: