Thursday, May 8, 2008

miracle all the time






I have miracles happen often. Sometimes I just don't notice them, but this.. this was truly amazing.

I know people think I'm a bit over the top when it comes to the Italian research stuff. I really dont care what those people think. I can sense people guiding me. When things like this happen even more so I realize what a gift It is for me to have this mad driving passion.

In English class we are writing our second essay, I was doing research on a search tool through our school. A story comes up and lines some words pop up to me fitting perfect with my essay. Then I see it. Names I see the names in the paper.

This reunion picnic we are having in June . There were some people I couldn't find, assumed they were dead, had no descendants, or daughters and the names had changed.



I saw a name. Smack dap in the middle of that picture, the accordion player is Al Maletta , the story I found talked about his daughter Beverly how she was submitting photos of him to Vincenza Scarpaci a Author living in Eugene Or who is writing a book called "A Journey of Italians in America", this artical was written in yakima hearld.

So I got on it tracking down everyone who I could . I emailed Vincenza, sons of Italy in yakima- and today I got replies. This evening Beverly called we missed each other but i'll try her tomorrow. She left me the greatest message,The message said:

"Hello Crystal Ainardi, I wanted to let you know my father is still Alive he is in his 90's!"

2 comments:

Joal said...

That is cool that, through writing your paper, you found some connection to your past.

Crystal Ainardi said...

It was really amazing!